This is a game to practice vocabulary that almost everyone knows and loves. In terms of subject material, you can tap your coursebook or recent material, but this also works fantastically when you keep a vocab bag. Although some claim that they can’t draw, most will get deeply involved – enthusiastically sketching their words and playfully criticising others (including their artistically inept teacher).
Time: 10 – 20 minutes
Preparation: Zero. Although you need to have a stock of words.
Level: Elementary – Advanced
Happy students: ****
- Put students into groups of 3-4
- Ask one student from each group to come to the front
- Give them each a pen
- Give them each the word that they have to draw (I write the word on a piece of paper).
- They draw the word while their team guesses. The first team that guesses the word gets a point
- The most points at the end wins